Youth Code Jam
September 26, 2015 –
The Code Jam is a semi-unstructured, collaborative, creativity-inspiring, bring-your-own-laptop experience for youth.
In a nutshell…
- Local events, “hack jams” or “code jams” make game design, webmaking and digital literacy easy, social and fun.
- We’ll be using tools that help make it easy for youth to explore, remix and redesign the web.
- Understanding how to design games and tinker with code is a skill that’s in demand and makes youth more employable.
- Taking part in a code jam helps teens and tweens develop learning competencies, including critical thinking and interpersonal skills.
- All of the tools and curricular content are designed to be peer-learning experiences that are constructed and evolved by community input and contribution.